A moms review of Thrive Market
Healthy eating. Those two words that carry with it so much anguish, both to our soul and our wallet. It seems like healthier living and eating has become a trend that while of course is needed in a world of obesity it is also one that is harder to incorporate into our lives. Going to the grocery store and only picking out healthy options is damn near impossible.
If you’re anything like me you become easily distracted by the amount of goodies they have sprawled out in the aisles. Doritos, Oreo’s, and Sour Patch Kids, oh my! The surest way to fall off that clean eating band wagon is to take your kids with you to the grocery store. You think when you are at home that you have the will power to tell them no once you make it to the grocery store, but when they are having a melt down in aisle 4 and everyone is staring at you, you’ll buy just about anything to make it stop. Which, let me be clear, is totally acceptable and understandable. There is no judgement here.
So how do we stick to our plan of healthy eating without becoming prey to the junk food aisle or without breaking the bank at the chains of healthiness? We sit home, we open our computer and we order online! I have found that ordering online is both therapeutic, and cost effective. I can manage a cart as I shop and my kids can play in their rooms without even knowing I’m substituting their fruit snacks for rice cakes!
I will forever be a Walmart customer. Tell me all your woes of shopping at big chains and I will tell you all my highs of their delivery service. That’s right they deliver. You can click here to learn more about that, and basically have your life changed for $10 a month. You’re welcome.
As much as I rely on Wally World for my grocery needs, the healthy food part is lacking. So I recently turned to a service that has helped me mix in some healthy snack and food choices throughout the month. Thrive Market. Do I do all my shopping here? No. However, integrating healthy options a little at time in my pantry has helped me and my kids make better food choices.
Let me first tell you all the facts, yes it is a membership program, yes they paid me to review their site, and yes I signed up after my trial because I loved it so much. Here’s why…
- The prices after comparing to Whole Foods, Amazon, and of course Walmart were BETTER. That’s right, I was saving money on those high end healthy ingredients and snacks.
- They have auto ship. I have enough to worry about between school sports, homework assignments, and house keeping that the last thing I want to do is worry if I ordered my healthy alternatives for the week. Insert eye roll. Also bonus is it’s free shipping if over $49.
- I can budget my healthy eating. Ordering online has allowed for me to stick to a budget. I don’t find myself wandering down dangerous aisles, or grabbing things in the heat of the moment because I’m shopping on an empty stomach. My husband has appreciated this benefit.
- They have sales upon sales upon sales and on top of that you can earn what’s called Thrive Cash. Curtain food gives you money back on your order so you can apply it to future orders. It is clearly labeled as you shop so you don’t have to wonder if anything qualifies.
- You can shop by diet! On Keto? They’ve got it separated for you. Whole 30? Vegan? Paleo? No problem, shop all whole 30 approved products in one spot. They have read the label for you so you don’t have to waist the time doing it yourself.
- For every membership they donate a membership to a low-income family, as well as current teachers, students, veterans, and first responders. If you fall in to any of those catagories you can apply here.
- All packaging, boxes, and inserts are made from recycled paper and are recyclable – 100% zero waste! Thrive is the first company in the country to go zero waste! You know that by shopping Thrive Market, you’re doing good for the world!
Many of us are not close to local places to buy these products or there are obscure things we have to include because of health problems that I can’t find somewhere nearby. Now I just get them from Thrive Market and they show up in just two days, it’s awesome!